Mount of Olives College Kakiri is a Mixed Day and Boarding secondary school that opened its doors to its first students in February 2010. The school provides an exceptionally conducive learning environment that empowers all students to do well. We are also committed to providing an education that integrates 21st century skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, communication, collaboration, digital literacy, leadership, creativity, imagination and others.
School Motto: Reach for the Stars
To be the leading provider of an education that meets the demands of the century.
We are committed to providing a quality and holistic education that prepares the students to play a responsible and productive role in society.
Objectives of the school
- To provide a challenging curriculum which is broad, balanced and appropriate.
- To create a caring, stimulating and enjoyable learning environment where everyone feels valued and respected
- To develop individuals with inquiring minds, self-respect and self- discipline.
- To encourage students to develop into independent learners by developing their reading and research skills
- To encourage the spiritual, cultural, social and emotional development of every individual
- To build a positive relationship between home, community and school.
- To provide an education that integrates 21st century skills such as critical thinking and problem solving, communication and collaboration, digital literacy, leadership, creativity and imagination and others.
The school which is found in Wakiso District is located 20 km from Kampala on Hoima road. When approached from Kampala, you branch off at Kikuba-Mpanga trading center, which is 2km before Kakiri town and move inland for about 1.8Km.
The school is found in LC.1 of Lugeye in the parish of Kakiri and Sub county of Kakiri.
Within the neighborhood of Mt. of Olives is another school called St. Charles Lwanga S.S, which can serve as a landmark.